In 1939 Samuel W. Hippey developed a meat business out of his home located on Baumgardner Road in Willow Street, PA (near Mellinger’s Coal & Lumber Yard). He predominately retailed his products at market stands throughout the Central and Southern parts of Lancaster County under the name of Willow-O-Brand. He diligently worked on improving his family recipes until he was able to manufacture the type of product that was demanded throughout Lancaster County.
In 1969, Sam’s son, Jay C. Hippey, and employee, George Sirianni, left S.W. Hippey’s to start their own venture. Jay and George purchased the building that was formerly Leid’s Meats on Railroad Street in Denver, PA which became the home of Denver Meat Company. It didn’t take long for Denver Meats to be known for their own creation of Ring Bologna and Hot Dogs which are sold under the “Hippey” brand name. Today, the company is still proudly run by the founders grandson, Matt Forney.
For quality you can count on, order Hippey’s Meats today!