Pork and sauerkraut is a classic dish that is the perfect addition to any winter night or even during a picnic in the middle of summer. As wonderful as pork is, sometimes it doesn’t always hit the spot. We have the perfect substitute! Our Hippey’s Ring Bologna is the perfect addition to your sauerkraut dish. Here’s how to make it with a few simple ingredients.
- Hippey’s Ring Bologna
- Or Jalapeno and Cheese
- 32 oz of your favorite sauerkraut
- ½ c. of chopped onion
- 2 tbs of butter
- ½ tsp of pepper
- ½ of salt
- Optional ingredients are:
- ½ tsp of celery seeds
- ½ tsp of caraway seeds
- Saute the onions, caraway seeds, celery seeds, salt, and pepper in a large skillet
- Add all of the sauerkraut
- Cut the ring bologna into slices or bite-sized pieces.
- Add to the top of the sauerkraut. Don’t mix yet.
- Cover the skillet and cook for about 20 to 30 minutes on low heat.
- Remove from heat and enjoy!