Everyone loves to throw a party or host a dinner. And while a lot of prep goes into the main courses, hors d’oeuvre don’t need to be that intricate. In fact, you can have a fantastic meat and cheese platter in no time, and without any difficult ingredients. Here’s a recipe for probably the easiest hors d’oeuvre on the planet!
- Blocked cheese
- Cheese can help bring out the flavors of the meat. We recommend using a buttery cheddar, a light, tangy Colby, a smooth, sweet goat cheese, or even a spicy pepper jack!
- Fresh Veggies
- Veggie trays can go a long way. You can get one from the store or arrange it yourself. We recommend adding carrots, celery, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, and bell peppers of your choice. Don’t forget the dip!
- Crackers give that extra crunch that helps bring the hors d’oeuvre together. Any crackers will do, especially if you’re throwing this together quickly.
- Some may argue that ketchup is the best, and it is in the right situations, but it doesn’t have the versatility that mustard has. With mustard, you have yellow, honey, dijon, spicy brown, and even whole grain!
Despite there being many ingredients, this will be one of the fastest preps you’ll ever see.
● Step 1: Slice all of the ingredients you need, such as the ring bologna, meat sticks, blocked cheese, and fresh veggies.
● Step 2: Arrange the ring bologna, cheeses, veggies, and crackers on a plate or a tray for easy access. Put the mustard in a small bowl for the same reason.
● Step 3: Serve and relax with your friends and family!